The missing piece
Ok so I've been postponing this for too long and I'll finally tell what happened from friday 01/28 to wednesday 02/03. To entertain you And myself I'll do it in english so get ur harpers And collins. First of all after my presentation I was quite fucked up and I wander in the institute looking for a place to crash meanwhile the others' performances. We got our diplomas around noon and I was amused to find out I was presented as belonging to the ecole nationale d'administration. Meanwhile the stirring process of waiting for the food to arrive I thought about calling a putative opportunity get a room nearby for our forthcoming stay in valpo laetitia and I. I got the number from Pierre And french researcher living in Valpo I'd met during the summer school. We ran into each other at the canario yesterday nite and he informed me about his neighbor offering rooms for rent. The canario is my favorit bar in Town where they pour you so much liquor u don't know what to do with the bottle of soft the give you aside. Anyways I knew the Houde was nearby and phoned the girl named Natalia. She invited me rigth away and I went. The house is a grand antic british-styled house much like all the old valpo's house with elevated ceillings and only one bathroom. Besides Natalia there's another girl living in it know. They're both studying music and think about converting the large basement in rehearsal/party place. I'm conquest and chose a large room with view on the ocean. It's located at 10min only from two beatches as well as from my Lab. Well be 6 in total leaving in the house. That should be quiteo interesting to mingle with other chilean students especially for 80 euros a month per person!
I came back at the barbecue now well started, pleased to have secured a place for when we'll come back. Indeed all the students arrive by the end of february (school year starting here in march) and the offer tends to be scarce around that Time. Consequently I've been offered a nice loft closer from the city center but suiting more wealthy foreigners than the culture discover we pretend to be.
The barbecue is gorgeous with the argentinian in command once again. We prépare the traditional sauce pevre and drink much beer and pisco to make everything goes down. It's 6 already and we keep eating and drinking improvising a brazilian orchestra with flutes bells And whatever we can jam with. I finally succeed in bringing Carl And Nelson back home around 8pm so that we hastly pack our suitcases (bus is at 8am the next). We gather the rest of the band around 9pm and start cruising bars and clubs around the city. We almost got in el Huevo a famous place with no less than 5 dance-floors each playing a different music genre. Alass entry fee was of 8euros (drink included) and it was too expensive. We finally went back to a two stage club were Carl demonstrated his skills to dance hardbear techno until 6pm. Best time was when I pointed the other french guy to a chilean teenage saying: look he's french. She immediately grabbed his mouth and they left the club together. All I know is that the next day at 2pm he had not been seen at his hotel yet.
By 5 we were exhausted And went back home where Nelson and Carl collapsed And left me take a long leisurely shower to get back in my feet. Kitten got into our rooms and made a huge rompus around Nelson's bed.
We made our way to the bus terminal and hop on thé first bus to Santiago like zombies around 8. To save Time we got off the bus on thé freeway where taxis take you straight to the airport. There we could chill but not still And pick up laetitia. I was really nervous as her plane was late but she finally showed up really tired. Carl took his plane, leaving Nelson really moved as he know moments as we had won't happen again. Then we head up to Nelson's parents' in Poli's car. The all Family was gathered as Nelson's was leaving Chile in a few day. We had a great barbecue and Chilien porotos granados (White beans in soup). Then we took a well deserved digesting nap. Around 7 feeling Nelson would sleep forever we left thé House to go downtown see las muñecas gigantes (huge animated puppet made by a french company). No less than 7million people went over the week-end which tells you how much chilean people lingered for entertainement. Before going we meet up in cerro santa Lucia with my friend lalo, his girl and also Marcela from the summer school. We strode around looking at the giantic animated puppets before going to Lalo's place and chill.
Sunday after sleeping in we're invited at coca's parents for the traditional sunday asado. Meat is good And abundant. We sunk into a lasy nap afterwards. Lalo then takes us to the pueblo de los dominicos. It's a renovated dominican village that now host several small artisanal shops. Laetitia is slighty sick so we'll rest the next days getting strengh before starting our trip to south. The day we leave I arrange a luch with Camilo (another friend from the summer school). We ate delicious peruvian food at the aji seco (great ceviche). Then on the night we get on the overnight bus leaving for Temuco. This ends up the missing peace
If you'd like to know what's next you should go back to the first post of our february trip in Chile.
Allo, maman ? C'est encore moi !
Il y a 9 ans
Ok so let's speak english... I might be the only one to read this, 'cause no one expect you to keep on writing since you're back. I must say I saw it only because I now have my own blog, and your new message popped in my profil. Natalia seemed nice by this time :D
RépondreSupprimerC u
Thx u lil sis. I did not expect anyone to leave a comment on that. Indeed at the time Natalia seemed nice. :-( I'll post on your blog soon.
RépondreSupprimer